Let’s not talk much about the different ways to heal and detoxify our bodies yet we have a well known ancient method called fasting to rely on. Fasting has been tested and trusted to be the best way to help our bodies work better by being the safest approach to adopt whenever waste products and toxins increase in the body.
Historical evidence shows that ancient people used to fast not only for spiritual purposes but to also keep diseases away and stay healthy. There are two main approaches when it comes to fasting:
- Dry fasting
- Water fasting
There are different myths about these two types of fasting as we shall see later but let’s first understand what dry fasting and water fasting actually mean.
Dry fasting means going without drinking water and food for days and leaving your body to depend on stored water and nutrients to keep you going. You should never get worried when dry fasting because your body is capable of utilizing food and water reserves to see you through the dry fasting period. You should however get professional advice from an expert before going ahead to choose dry fasting.
Water fasting on the other hand means going without food but drinking water to keep you hydrated as you fast. Water is life and an essential component in our bodies. Our bodies need water for metabolism and other functions. However, the water you drink as you fast should be clean to avoid bacterial infections and other diseases.
There is enough ancient evidence which shows that some of the greatest scientists we all know used water fasting to boost their intelligence. Considered as the most challenging method of fasting especially in the initial 2-3 days, water fasting requires close supervision because if not well monitored, the person fasting can end up getting more bad than good.
Yes it’s true that Pythagoras and Aristotle performed water fasting to help boost their intelligence and general body health. What many people don’t know is that there are very many factors to consider before going ahead to fast. You actually don’t need to fast all the times because this can negatively affect your body and general health.
Water fasting tips
- The hardest part of water fasting is actually starting the fast. If you make it through the first two days then you’ll be good to go.
- Avoid overworking yourself in strenuous exercises that can lead to depletion of fats and water reserves in your body.
- If you are under insulin medication please do not fast without being closely monitored by a specialist..
- If you fear water fasting then you’ll need to look for a professional to monitor and supervise you appropriately.
- After water fasting you need to closely monitor what you need to eat for your body to get back to its normal working environment.
It will be right to say that all the myths about dry fasting are nothing but baseless talking that lack concrete evidence. Our bodies are capable of going without food and water for many days and this cannot lead to death if supervised and monitored appropriately.
As we speak today the record that stands on dry fasting in Guinness book of records is 18 days. Eighteen good days without water and food is the standing record. Yes you heard that right.
When the body goes without food, it undergoes stress which triggers it to look for other means to get water and other essential nutrients. This is the time when fat reserves in the body get utilized to produce water to support body processes.
Our bodies are like electric cars which automatically convert to the use of gas the moment batteries go down. This is why a person is capable of going over 10 days without food and still come out strong.
One funny thing that happens to our bodies when dry fasting is that body parts such as the skin starts working differently to support functions. During dry fasting, the skin starts to absorb moisture and supplies it to the body to combat dehydration.
dry fasting benefits over water fasting
- It’s so obvious that dry fasting helps to clear any inflammation in the body faster than water fasting. Inflammation cannot thrive in dry conditions and that’s why dry fasting is effective when dealing with inflammation.
- The fastest way to lose weight is through dry fasting. Our bodies start utilizing fat reserves by getting water from such fats when dry fasting hence reducing the amount of fats in the body.
- Dry fasting is the easiest way to reduce the amount of toxins in body tissues to promote regeneration of tissues.
- Dry fasting is the best option to go for if clearing the digestive tract is the priority.
Even though not many people have embraced dry fasting, there is solid evidence that it works better than water fasting in-terms of effectiveness and end results. It is also important to compare the two fasting methods before going ahead to fast. Whether it’s water fasting or dry fasting all that matters is supervision and how the body responds to the sudden changes it undergoes when fasting.